2015 Mercury 9.9EL CT 4S
9.9 el CT
Incredibly responsive to get you going with little or no prep.
Convenient and Easy Tilting.
Push down on the tiller handle to easily tilt the outboard to any position, made easy with our exclusive ratcheting transom bracket.
Big-time power. With a longer design and bigger components, Mercury Command Thrust was made specifically to deliver the type of power, thrust and control that wider, heavier boats demand.
The Command Thrust Difference
• 20% larger prop increases control especially at low speeds.
• Taller gearcase puts the prop deeper, below turbulent water, for improved performance.
• A low 2.42:1 gear ratio delivers thrust and maneuveraility that big loads demand.
• Oversized Antiventilation Plate. Oversized design prevents air from being drawn into the prop, which increases efficiency.
Reliable and Easy Starts.
The exclusive push-button Primer and Fast Idle systems on the Mercury 8 - 9.9hp FourStroke engines deliver an easy start with quick warm-up. And it doesn’t struggle with poor-quality gas, unlike auto-choke systems used on some outboards.
Total Single-Handed Tiller Control.
Tiller-steered versions feature the exclusive Mercury multifunction tiller that puts shifting, throttle control (with friction for fine-tuned trolling), stopping, tilting and steering in the palm of your hand.
At only 83 pounds, these engines are very portable and improve the performance of lightweight boats.
- HP / kW: 9.9 / 7.3
- Engine type: Inline 2
- Displacement (CID/CC): 12.8 / 208
- Full throttle RPM: 5000-6000
- Fuel induction system: 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Alternator amp / Watt: 6 amp / 76 watt
- Recommended fuel: 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended oil: Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
- Engine protection operator warning system: Low oil pressure; Over-rev
- Starting: Electric; Manual
- Steering: Remote; Tiller
- Shaft length: 20 in. / 508 mm
- Gearcase ratio: 2.42:1
- Dry Weight: 96 lb. / 44 kg
- CARB star rating: 3
- Bore and stroke: 2.16 x 1.73 in. / 55 x 44 mm
- Ignition: CDI w/electronic spark advance
- Fuel system: Carbureted
- Cooling system: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear shift: F-N-R
- Gearcase options: BigFoot
- Trim system: Power Tilt
- Trim positions: Ratcheting
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- Shallow water drive: Yes
- Shallow water trim range (degrees): 16
- Remote fuel tank standard (gal / L): 3.2 / 12
- Color: Phantom Black
- Engine Type
- Inline 2
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.16 x 1.73 in. (55 x 44 mm)
- 12.8 cid (208 cc)
- Electric; Manual
- Shaft Length
- 20 in. (508 mm)
- 96 lb. (44 kg)
- Trim Method
- Power Tilt
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 9.9 hp (7.3 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.42:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- 6 amp / 76 watt
- Water-cooled with thermostat
- Remote; Tiller
- 3 Year Corrosion, 3 Year Limited